Urbanism Next is the primary source for information about the potential impacts of emerging technologies—autonomous vehicles, e-commerce and the sharing economy—on city development, form, and design and the implications for sustainability, resiliency, equity, the economy, and quality of life.
- Assess plans, policies, and pilot projects in the context of global promising practices for emerging technologies
- Conduct primary research in partnership with private and public partner organizations
- Work with our broad network to bring together interdisciplinary experts from the public, private, and academic sectors to inform your project
- Plan and moderate virtual and in-person charrettes, workshops, and forums about planning, policy, and design responses to emerging technologies
Education & outreach
- Distill and interpret emerging technology trends and potential impacts for your community
- Create white papers and presentations for your organization or community
- Advise staff and decision makers on planning, design, community engagement and pilot projects to address impacts of new mobility, e-commerce, and urban delivery
Our consulting services
Urbanism Next doesn’t work in isolation. If you want to collaborate with us, you’re in the right place.
Urbanism Next regularly works with communities to understand the impacts of emerging technologies on land use, urban design, building design, transportation, and real estate and the implications of these impacts on equity, health and safety, the economy, and the environment. We help decision-makers, professionals, elected officials, and all levels of government build understanding and create policies and strategies around the use and implementation of emerging technologies.
We would be glad to work with your organization or community to help you understand how to think about these changes, mitigate the risks, and take advantage of the opportunities. Please contact our team to find out more.
Meet the team
Organizations We Work With
The Urbanism Next Center is a part of the Sustainable Cities Institute at the University of Oregon. In addition to collaborating with multiple departments and experts at the University of Oregon, Urbanism Next is proud to partner with other like-minded organizations to help share research and thinking on the potential impacts of emerging technologies.